It's hot. It's really hot. It's really, really, really hot.
Well, duh, you say. It's August, and you live in Phoenix. Yes, yes, I know. It's not as though the summer heat is unexpected. But it doesn't stop me from complaining about it and trying to find ways to beat it.
I've only very recently discovered the joy of paletas. What's that, you say? It looks like a popsicle? Oh, you'd be mistaken, my friend. A paleta is so much more, so much better. For all the fabulous details, you can read the Paletas article from the summer issue of Festivities.
But if you're impatient, and want to jump ahead to the frozen fun, here's an inspiration board I put together for a popsicle party.
1) Popsicle shaped soap favors, from Calise Soapworks.
2) Adorable popsicle shaped necklace charms, from Shimrita.
3) Popsicle Bobby Pins from Mint Marbles.
4) Applique popsicle shirt from Perry Winkle's Embroidery and Design.
5) Brilliant and simple popsicle shaped invitations, from MeckMom.
6) Paletas: Authentic recipes for Mexican Ice Pops, Shaved Ice, and Aguas Frescas by Fany Gerson, via Amazon.com
7) Classic Ice Pop Mold, via Amazon.com.
8) Popsicle sticks, of course! Via Amazon.com.
Good luck staying cool! I think I'm going to head over to Paletas Betty this afternoon with the girls. Raspberry is on today's menu! Or will I pick the Mango? or Arroz con leche.... or naranja...or...mmmm, I feel cooler just thinking about it.