One of the easiest but most effective projects from our Secret Garden baby shower was the onesie bunting. Such a simple no-sew project, completely customizable for the colors and style of any party. And it just screams, "baby shower!"
|Onesie Bunting for a Baby Shower|
- paper template of a onesie shape
- pencil or marker
- freezer paper
- twine or string
- miniature clothespins
1) Cut out a template of a onesie shape. It's pretty easy to free-hand, or you can print out a picture of a onesie from the internet, and cut around it. Trace the shape on the dull size of the freezer paper.
2) Iron the freezer paper to your fabric, shiny side facing the right side of the fabric. This makes the freezer paper stick to the fabric, so it will be stable and easy to cut out the shape beautifully.
3) Cut out the onesie shapes and peel off the freezer paper.
4) Cut twine to desired length and clip the onesie cutouts to the string with the miniature clothespins. The clothespins are available at any major craft store. I bought mine at Joann Fabrics.
On Monday I'll start the tutorials for the paper backdrop at the shower. It will probably have to be broken down into two or three posts, just so I can explain how to make all the different flowers. But it's easy, I swear!