I had a lot of fun making treats for the Harry Potter trunk or treat, including these owl familiar lollipops. Yes, those are lollipops under those feathers and googly eyes! Aren't they just the cutest little owl lollipops you've ever seen, though?
Yeah, it is, as my teenage daughter would say, "extra." I'm ok with that. I embrace my extra-ness.
How could you not love such adorable little owls?
And with candy inside??
Plus, I finally used these tiny bird cages that I bought years ago planning to do something (at this point I forget) for spring. My craft supplies hoarding totally paid off.
Materials for Harry Potter Owl Lollipops:
- largish lollipops (Blow Pops and Tootsie Pops work nicely)
- googly eyes
- tissues (like Kleenex)
- yellow or orange cardstock
- low temperature hot glue gun
So evidently I completely forgot to take process photos for this tutorial. But it's pretty easy to describe:
- wrap a clean tissue around the candy portion of the lollipop. Use string to tie the tissue to the lollipop (kind of like making a lollipop ghost). Trim away excess tissue paper.
- Use a LOW TEMPERATURE hot glue gun to glue craft feathers to the covered lollipop. You WILL get some glue on your fingers when gluing feathers on anything, so definitely DEFINITELY use a low temperature hot glue gun.
- Cut beak and legs out of cardstock, and glue in place. Glue googly eyes in place.
And I do have a video of the process to show you:
So cute, right? Sometimes going a little overboard just makes me happy. :-)