Have you ever had watermelon syrup? Probably not, but it's something you should definitely try, because watermelon syrup makes the most amazing summery cocktails and homemade sodas.
If you have a lot of watermelon, or just love watermelon, watermelon syrup is a fabulous treat to make with the fresh fruit. It's amazing in homemade Italian sodas, or drizzled over vanilla ice cream, or on pancakes... you get the idea.
Homemade Watermelon Syrup Ingredients:
- 4 cups fresh watermelon juice
- one cup sugar
But how do you get the watermelon juice? Just chunk up a fresh watermelon, throw it in a blender, and strain.
Isn't it such a beautiful, summery color?
Combine the sugar and watermelon juice, and bring to a boil. Depending on the strainer you used earlier, you may notice solid material floating to the top of the mixture. Use a fine mesh strainer to scoop it out. Boil until the liquid is reduced by half.
Ideas for Using Watermelon Syrup
- Use to make homemade watermelon soda.
- Use to make watermelon Italian cream sodas.
- Pour over vanilla ice cream or use to make a watermelon milkshake.
- Pour over fresh cut fruit to make an amazing summer fruit salad.
- Use in cocktail recipes to make amazing, summery watermelon drinks.
- Pour watermelon syrup over buttermilk pancakes.
Let the syrup cool, and you'll have a vibrantly flavored watermelon syrup, ready for all sorts of summer deliciousness. How would you use it?