Make this easy fabric onesie baby shower garland for your event--no sewing required! It's a simple baby shower decoration that looks absolutely adorable.
One of the easiest but most effective projects from our Secret Garden baby shower was the onesie bunting. Such a simple no-sew project, completely customizable for the colors and style of any party. And it just screams, "baby shower!"
Onesie Baby Shower Garland:
- paper template of a onesie shape
- pencil or marker
- freezer paper
- twine or string
- miniature clothespins
1) Cut out a template of a onesie shape. It's pretty easy to free-hand, or you can print out a picture of a onesie from the internet, and cut around it. Trace the shape on the dull size of the freezer paper.
2) Iron the freezer paper to your fabric, shiny side facing the right side of the fabric. This makes the freezer paper stick to the fabric, so it will be stable and easy to cut out the shape beautifully.
3) Cut out the onesie shapes and peel off the freezer paper.
4) Cut twine to desired length and clip the onesie cutouts to the string with the miniature clothespins. The clothespins are available at any major craft store. I bought mine at Joann Fabrics.
And there you have it! No glue, no sewing. Just a little cutting. You don't even strictly need to do the step with the freezer paper, but your shapes will turn out much better if you do. It's worth the little bit of extra effort.
Thank you for posting this tutorial; it was my fav...
Thank you for this tutorial!
Love this!! Very creative and original!