Coffee cupcakes are a delicious and grown-up cupcake flavor. Add Bailey's buttercream icing to it and you've got an Irish Coffee Cupcake!
Topped with Bailey's frosting these Irish coffee cupcakes are decidedly grown up. I actually used decaf coffee in my coffee cupcakes, but you could certainly use regular coffee if you want that caffine kick.
Coffee Cupcake Icing Ideas:
- Top with vanilla icing for a Vanilla Latte Cupcake.
- Top with chocolate frosting to make Mocha Cupcakes.
- Top with salted caramel frosting for a Caramel Latte Cupcake.
- Top with Bailey's frosting to make Irish Coffee Cupcakes.
- Top with Pumpkin Pie Buttercream Frosting for a Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcake.
Coffee Cupcake Recipe:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup powdered instant decaf coffee
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients and mix together to form the cake batter.
This is a coffee version of crazy cake, my favorite chocolate cake recipe. I think it's even easier to make than a box mix, and the taste is amazing.
Scoop batter into lined cupcake tins.
Bake for approximately 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Let cool and top with your favorite frosting. I used a whole coffee bean as the simple cupcake topper on these Irish coffee cupcakes.
Are you making anything special for St. Patrick's day?
One Page, Printable Coffee Cupcakes Recipe: